Friday, April 22, 2011

Pissed off at HTC (at least in Thailand)

Today I went on a journey to Fortune Town in Bangkok to service my HTC Desire HD. All I wanted to do was exchange the volume button, a tiny piece of plastic on the side of the phone.

I had to find out that the spare part costs 117 Baht and the service charge to install it 1300 Baht!!!! Absolutely ridiculous. And also they didn't want o just sell the spare part to me. Because my phone was bought in Taiwan, not Thailand. This is bullshit. I am very disappointed at this.

Other companies, such as Sony, i could go to any Sony shop everywhere in the world and they would be able to  send it in and have it repaired for the same local rates as anybody else. That is good service. HTC still has ways to go, no matter how successful they are at the moment with their smartphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment