Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My new Desire HD in Bangkok

I got a new HTC Desire HD on my last rip to Taipei 2 months back. It is an awesome phone and I love the speed and big screen. Problem in Thailand is the completely shittty mobile network they have here. There is no official 3G here, except you have an iPhone with 850 3G frequency. The Desire HD only supports 900....this was a big bummer when I came back. So all I have now is Edge. It is OK but could be faster. the only company that will support 900 for 3G is GSMAdvance and they have not even announced when that will be. Thai politics: You suck! Stop blocking the 3G auctions and finally make a decision and start building a 3G network...geeze, most modern countries now are starting with 4G already..and all countries in South East Asia have 3G already!

No comments:

Post a Comment